The Mechanicsburg Public Library is OPEN!
The hours will be 11am-6pm Monday-Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Below are examples of the additional measures that MPL is taking to help ensure the well-being of our community:
- Staff will be required to wear face coverings.
- Face coverings are mandatory for patrons.
- A plexiglass shield is installed on one-half of the Service Desk and only one checkout station will be available.
- We ask that patrons use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the building.
- To ensure social distancing, we have limited seating available and distancing signage around the building.
- We will be disinfecting high contact surfaces regularly and nightly.
- Maximum capacity will be 50% of fire code or no more than 40 people in the building at one time.
- Approximately half of the public Internet computers will be available for use, in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Because of the limited number of public computers, individuals will be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes per session. All computers will be cleaned between users.
- Meeting room use will be available, but there cannot be more than 10 people in the room and tables and chairs must stay in their designated spots since they are already spaced 6 feet apart.
- All toys and activities have been removed from the youth area.
- Materials are being isolated for at least 72 hours before being checked-in and disinfected, so items you return will remain on your account longer than normal.
- We will continue to offer our curbside service 11am-6pm Monday – Friday for those not comfortable coming into the building.
- We are offering limited programing. We will have grab and go bags (includes activities and crafts) for some programs while supplies last, and then have a live demonstration on Facebook during that programs usual in person time. Programs not offered on Facebook live will be held outside.
We ask that if you have a fever or are not feeling well to please stay home.
For more information, call 937-834-2004.